What Information About Me Is Collected and Stored?
We collect information that you supply to us, as described more fully below, i.e., when you use our services, buy any product, obtain a subscription, complete a survey, register on the Website, upload content, participate in a community, or provide your email address. We may also collect tracking and usage information about your location, demographics, use of the Website and the Internet.
Information You Give Us
As a general matter, you can browse the Website without submitting information about you to us. However, there are a number of circumstances in which you may supply us or our agents with your personal information. The following lists the most common ways in which we may collect this information.
- Registration as a subscriber, user, follower, nonprofit donor, 242 partner, etc., on the Website.
- Registration for an event sponsored by us.
- Profile information that You provide for Your user profile including tax and donation information for certification purposes.
- Uploading Content to the Website.
- Donating to ZuLoo Humanitarian Outreach.
- Commenting on Website Content.
- Submitting an application.
- Submitting an application to work at ZuLoo.
- Participation in surveys.
- Sign up to receive alerts or other information via email, text or instant message from ZuLoo.
- Request for customer service, support requests or other assistance.
- Website-related communications (e.g., account verification; technical notifications, etc.).
- Participation in communities, commenting to blog entries and participation in other forums.
- Submission of content or other data and information on any part of the Website that permits it.
- Any other place on the Website where you knowingly volunteer personal information, images, media, etc.
Information We Collect Automatically
In addition, when you interact with the Website, we may collect certain information about your use of the Website and our servers may automatically keep an activity log of your use of our Website. This information includes:
- Demographic data such as age, gender, and five digit zip code as part of collecting personal information
- Device information about your computer, browser, mobile device, or other device that you use to access the Website. This information may include IP address, geolocation information, unique device identifiers, browser type, browser language, and other transactional information.
- Analytics and usage information about your use of the Website.
- Additional “traffic data” and log files such as time of access, date of access, software crash reports, session identification number, access times, and referring Website addresses.
- Other information regarding your use of the Website.
Collection of Your Source IP Address/Location Information
We may collect and store location information about you on the Website and associated with your account that you volunteer on the Website or enable through the Website or your device. We will not collect any location information that you do not volunteer or enable. We will delete any location information that you request is deleted. We do collect and store your device’s source IP address which may disclose the location of your device at the time you access the Website.
Collection of Personal Information From or Through Social Media Sites or Using Your Logo
When you interact with any Service Provider page or account on a social media platform, such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, Instagram, etc., we may collect the personal information that you make available to us on that page or account including your account ID or “handle.” However, we will endeavor to comply with the privacy policies of the corresponding social media platform and we will only collect and store such personal information that we are permitted to collect by these social media platforms. If you publish your social media profile on our Website, we may collect personal information that you make available as part of that profile.
Collection of Information From Other Sources
We also may collect information about you that we may receive from other sources or from our offline interactions with you to, among other things, enable us to verify, update information contained in our records and to better customize the Website for you.
Collection of Information Through Surveys and Promotions
We use “session” cookies. We do not use flash cookies, web storage, web beacons or other technology that tracks your browsing history across multiple Websites.
Please note that opting-out of advertising networks services does not mean that you will not receive advertising while using our Website or on other websites, nor will it prevent the receipt of interest-based advertising from third parties that do not participate in these programs. It will, however, exclude you from interest-based advertising conducted through participating networks, as provided by their policies and choice mechanisms.
Your Choices and Opting-Out of Targeted Ads
We recognize how important your online privacy is to you, so we offer the following options for controlling the targeted ads (sometimes called “interest-based ads”) you receive and how we use your data.
Web browser: You can opt-out of receiving personalized ads (including retargeted ads) served by us or on our behalf by clicking on the icon that typically appears in the corner of the ads we serve and following the instructions provided. Please note that this “opt-out” function is browser-specific and relies on an “opt-out cookie”, thus, if you delete your cookies or upgrade your browser after having opted out, you will need to opt-out again. If you use a Safari browser, please also see directions regarding our cookie-less technology opt-out, below.
Cross Device Opt- Out: In some cases we may link multiple browsers or devices to you. If you opt-out on a browser or device and we have additional devices or browsers linked to you, we will extend your opt-out decision to any other linked browsers and devices. Since we only link users across browsers and devices in some conditions, there could be cases where you are still being tracked in a different browser or device we have not linked, and where we are treating you as a different user.
Mobile Device Opt-Out: To opt-out of receiving targeted ads that are based on your behavior across different mobile applications follow the below instructions, for iOS and Android devices:
- iOS 7 or Higher: Go to your Settings > Select Privacy > Select Advertising > Enable the “Limit Ad Tracking” setting; and
- For Android devices with OS 2.2 or higher and Google Play Services version 4.0 or higher: Open your Google Settings app > Select Ads > Enable “Opt out of interest-based advertising”.
Industry Opt-Out Tools and Self-Regulation:
You may use the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) opt-out tool which will allow you to opt-out of seeing personalized ads from us and from other NAI approved member companies.
We also endeavor to comply with the Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising as managed by the Digital Advertising Alliance (DAA). You may opt-out of receiving personalized ads via the DAA website.
We also endeavor to adhere to the European Interactive Advertising Digital Alliance (EDAA) guidelines for online advertising and you may opt-out via their ”Your Online Choices” website.
How Do We Use Your Information?
We use the information we learn from you to help us personalize and improve your experience on the Website. We may use information about you in the following ways:
- To upload your content to our Website as you request.
- To permit you to update, edit, and manage your content on our Website.
- To communicate with you about your account or transactions with us (including service related announcements) and send you information about features and enhancements on our Website.
- To communicate with you about changes to our policies.
- To communicate with you about your comment to a blog post.
- To personalize content and experiences on our Website, including providing you reports, recommendations and feedback based on your preferences.
- To disclose anonymized Personal Information to disclose statistics and analytics and other details regarding the use of our Website.
- To optimize or improve our products, services and operations.
- To automatically update the Website on your device.
- To detect, investigate, and prevent activities that may violate our policies or be illegal.
- To perform statistical, demographic, and marketing analyses of users of the Website.
Use of Your Location Information
Specifically, we use your location information to:
- Personalize content on our Website, including providing you reports, recommendations and feedback based on your preferences.
- Optimize or improve our products, services and operations.
- Detect, investigate, and prevent activities that may violate our policies or be illegal.
- Perform statistical, demographic, and marketing analyses of users of the Website and their purchasing patterns.
Combination of Your Personal Information
We use the information from one portion of the Website on other portions of the Website and/or other interactive features, or in reports and analysis, all of which are owned and operated by ZuLoo, and we may combine information gathered from multiple portions of the Website into a single customer record or analysis or report. We also use and/or combine information that we collect off-line or we collect or receive from third party sources to enhance, expand, and check the accuracy of your customer records.
Who Do We Provide Your Information To?
Business Partners and Third Parties
We may share your personal information with our other business partners from time to time. You may withdraw your consent to our sharing of your personal information with business partners and third parties at any time by following the opt-out process described below.
We have third party agents, subsidiaries, affiliates and partners that perform functions on our behalf, such as hosting, billing, push notifications, storage, bandwidth, content management tools, analytics, customer service, fraud protection, etc. These entities have access to the personal information needed to perform their functions and are contractually obligated to maintain the confidentiality and security of that personal information. They are restricted from using, selling, distributing or altering this data in any way other than to provide the requested services to the Website.
We may also use or disclose personal information if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to (a) conform to applicable law or comply with legal process served on us or the Website; (b) protect and defend our rights or property, the Website or our users, and (c) act under emergency circumstances to protect the personal safety of us, our affiliates, agents, or the users of the Website or the public. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection.
What Steps Are Taken To Keep Personal Information Secure?
We are concerned about ensuring the security of your personal information. We exercise great care in providing secure transmission of your information from your device to our servers. personal information collected by our Website are stored in secure operating environments that are not available to the public. Our security procedures mean that we may occasionally request proof of identity before we disclose your personal information to you. Please understand, however, that while we try our best to safeguard your personal information once we receive it, no transmission of data over the Internet or any other public network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure.
How Can We Transfer Your Personal Information?
How Long Do We Keep Your Information?
Following termination or deactivation of your account, ZuLoo or its affiliates or its service providers may retain information (including your profile information) and user Content for a commercially reasonable time for backup, archival, and/or audit purposes. If you have any questions about termination or deactivation of your account, please contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What Happens When I Link To or From Another Website?
Users in the European Union (EEA) and Switzerland
If you are a resident of the EEA or Switzerland, the following information applies.
Purposes of processing and legal basis for processing: As explained above, we process personal information in various ways depending upon your use of our Website. We process personal information on the following legal bases: (1) with your consent; (2) as necessary to perform our agreement to provide services; and (3) as necessary for our legitimate interests in providing the Website where those interests do not override your fundamental rights and freedom related to data privacy.
Transfers: Personal information we collect may be transferred to, and stored and processed in, the United States or any other country in which we or our affiliates or subcontractors maintain facilities. We will ensure that transfers of personal information to a third country or an international organization are subject to appropriate safeguards as described in Article 46 of the GDPR.
Your Rights: Residents of the EEA and Switzerland are entitled to rights under Chapter III of the EU General Data Protection Regulation or Section 2 of the Swiss Federal Act on Data Protection with respect to the processing of your personal information, including rights to request erasure of personal information or object to our processing of personal information. In order to verify your identity, we may require you to provide us with personal information prior to accessing any records containing information about you.
Changes to This Policy
What Are Your Choices and How Do You Opt-Out?
We believe you should have choices about the collection, use and sharing of your information. Although you cannot opt-out of all data collection when you visit our sites, you can limit the collection, use and sharing of your personally identifiable information.
Collection of Personal Information.
All personally identifiable information is provided on a voluntary basis. If you do not want us to collect such information, you should not submit it to the Website. However, doing so may restrict your ability to access some content and use some of the functionality of the Website.
Emails and Other Communications.
If you would like to alter the type of communications you receive from us, including opting out of promotional communications from us, you may do so at any time by updating the communication preferences specified in your account profile through the Website. Please note that this may affect your ability to access certain products and services, and we may continue to send non-promotional communications such as staffing confirmations, surveys, and other information about your use of the Website. If you refer others to us using our email functionality, please note that they may choose not to receive any promotional emails from us in the future by following the opt-out instructions in the email invitation.
Please note that while you may opt out of online behavioral advertising and other targeted advertising served by participating companies through Website you may still see other types of advertising on the Website, it just may not be as relevant or targeted to your interests.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits customers of ZuLoo who are California residents to request certain information regarding its disclosure of their personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an e-mail to email@example.com.
We use industry standard safeguards to protect donor information. Many donors use credit cards for donations. We endeavor to protect the security of credit card transactions using a number of measures such as encryption, access controls, and network firewalls. All personal information collected is stored on a secure server and cloud-based database that is password protected and limited to ZuLoo staff and interns.