On this episode of The ZuLoo Pōōdcast, we talk about the Global Sanitation Crisis, what it’s like to poop on a train in Bangkok, frozen feces raining from the sky, and the reality of the UN’s Sustainable Development Goal #6 (read more about that here): United Nations Sustainable Development Goals 2015-2030 and World Health Organization’s 2020 global sanitation report
News Minute links:
- Leaky SpaceX toilet problem will force astronauts to use backup ‘undergarments’ (CNN)
- A man was ‘covered’ in poop after a passing plane dumped toilet waste over his backyard, lawmaker says (Business Insider)
Fast Facts and Figures
- 6 out of 10 people lack safely managed sanitation services (i.e. a private toilet)
- Nearly 900 million people around the world practice open defecation
- Each day nearly 1,000 children die due to preventable diarrheal diseases
- Achieving Sustainable Development Goal (SDG) 6.2 will take at least another 80 years. The UN’s goal is to achieve this within the next 8. To hit the mark, people around the world need to quadruple their efforts to bring toilets to everyone.
Facebook: ZuLoo Humanitarian Outreach
YouTube: The ZuLoo Pōōdcast
Odysee:The ZuLoo Pōōdcast
Send us your email to receive your special gift or send us 3 friend’s emails to get a free copy of Rose George’s book, “The Big Necessity: The unmentionable world of human waste and why it matters”. Emails can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can donate here to help ZuLoo with it’s global mission!
Copyright (c) ZuLoo Media LLC. All rights reserved. This content is the property of ZuLoo Media LLC, a Utah limited liability company (the “Publisher”) which is solely responsible for its content. The opinions expressed in this content are not necessarily that of the Publisher or of its parent company, ZuLoo, Inc., a Utah benefit corporation (“ZuLoo”). References to third-parties, or references or links thereto, do not constitute an endorsement by such persons of ZuLoo or its affiliates, products, or services. The trade name “ZuLoo” and associated word marks and service marks are trademarks of Republique Huguenot LLC used under license. ZuLoo Humanitarian Outreach is a non-profit 501(c)(3) charitable organization affiliated with ZuLoo. Questions regarding the Publisher or this content may be directed to email@example.com.